Your Cart is Empty
Natural Dyeing & Bag Making WorkshopCathy Plummer
SATURDAY 20TH JANUARY
10AM - 3PM
10AM - 3PM
Following on from previous successful courses at the Makers Yard, Cathy of Plum Stitch and Dye is running a one day workshop in natural dyeing and making a drawstring pouch/bag using naturally dyed fabric.
This is a hands-on and relaxed day, and will include the following:
- Natural dyeing to produce blue, yellow and greens, using dyes such as indigo, weld, onion and other natural plants.
- Double dip dyeing will be used to get a range of shades.
- Using a simple pattern to create a drawstring bag
- Making the cord from the dyed fabrics for use in the bag
- Everyone will take home a selection of dyed fabrics as well as the bag
The sewing element can be done by hand or by machine. Please feel free to bring your own machine, but I will have a few machines here.
All materials provided, but please bring an apron and gloves.
Coffee and cake included, but please bring your own lunch.
To book, contact Cathy Plummer : firstname.lastname@example.org